Congratulations to our Technical Assistant Eleanor Barnes who is expecting twins. This means a full time position has just opened up at Wicks Manor.
This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with our Technical director to ensure that the food safety and quality management systems are effective. The successful candidate will have good communication skills, a positive attitude and excellent organisational skills. A level 3 hygiene qualification and experience in a food related discipline is preferred but not a necessity as training will be given.
JOB DESCRIPTION - TECHNICAL ASSISTANT
- To ensure all instrumentation is accuracy checked at the determined frequencies.
- To monitor the environmental temperature system and organise action if necessary.
- To sign off production paperwork and return incorrect records to production.
- To organise product samples for laboratory testing.
- To carry out swabbing and water sampling.
- To assist the Technical Director with corrective actions.
- To assist in the training of staff to company procedures.
- To carry out glass and hard plastic audits.
- To assist the Technical Director when carrying out site pest control.
- To carry out site hygiene audits.
- To maintain chemical dosing units.
- To carry out internal audits of the quality management system.
- To carry out traceability exercises and arrange the necessary action in the advent of failure.
- To carry out organoleptic testing of products against defined standards.
- To carry out product weight checks.
- To develop and update product labels.
- To ensure all HACCP systems are followed in production environment and highlight where any differences occur.
- To ensure all production records are filed correctly for audit.
On occasions the applicant may have to:
- Assist in cleaning.
- Assist in product development.
- Work on a production line.
- Work outside their core hours.
The ideal person will:
- Have good organisational skills
- Have A can do attitude
- Be able to handle a range of ingredients
- Be computer literate
- Have attention to detail
- Be willing to learn
- Have good communication skills
A level 3 hygiene qualification and experience in a food related discipline is preferred but not a necessity as training will be given.
If you are interested in becoming part of the team at Wicks Manor, please contact us on 01621 860629 or alternatively email email@example.com.
Share this post: