This quick and easy spaghetti Bolognese is made with our Olde English Sausage Meat and is a really tasty family dish. The recipe is one of my family's favourites and uses very simple ingredients.
- 454 g Wicks Manor Olde English Sausage Meat
- 4 rashers of Wicks Manor Streaky Smoked Bacon, chopped
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 40 g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200g button mushrooms, washed and chopped
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 200 ml full-bodied red wine (Shiraz, Malbec or Merlot)
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to season
- 500 g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
Heat the butter and oil in a large pan on a moderate heat. Add the diced onion, mushrooms and carrot, stirring often and cooking for about 5 minutes till softened.
Break up the Olde English Sausagemeat and add in the diced streaky smoked bacon and place in the pan cooking for 10 minutes. Gently pour in the red wine and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and adjust the flavour with salt and pepper.
Place a lid over the pan and cook on a low-moderate heat for 45 minutes to ensure the meat and vegetables are tender and the juices have thickened.
Sprinkle in a handful of chopped parsley and stir for a few minutes before serving.
During the last 20 minutes of cooking the Bolognese, add the pasta to a large pan of salted water and bring to the boil. Follow the cooking guidelines on the packet.
Drain the water with a strainer and serve
Serve the pasta topped with a serving of Bolognese and sprinkle over Parmesan cheese.
Share this post: