Dish up a hearty bowl of comfort on a cold, wintry evening with this simple sausage, tomato and bean stew made using our Wicks Manor pork sausages.
2 large red chillies, sliced (deseeded for less heat )
2 large red onions, sliced
4 cloves of garlic, sliced
400ml pork stock made with 2 pork stock cubes
4 tins plum tomatoes ( 4x400g )
1 tin ( 400g ) haricot beans, drained
1 tin (400g) red kidney beans, drained
1 tin butter beans (400g), drained
4x bay leaves
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
3 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp sugar
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
12 Wicks Manor pork sausages
Fresh pasley leaves to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 160’C / fan 140’C.
2. In a large, lidded casserole or oven-proof pan, heat the oil over a medium heat on the hob and fry the sausages until browned on all sides.
3. Remove and set aside.
4. Next add the onions and chilli to the pan and fry until soft and golden. Add the garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes to the casserole and break up with a wooden spatula into chunks. Add the sugar, salt, bay leaves, vinegar and generous twists of black pepper and leave to gently simmer, over a medium – low heat, stirring occasionally to prevent catching for about 30 minutes until thickened.
6. Return the sausages back to the casserole along with the drained beans and bring back to a simmer.
7. Cover with the lid, transfer to the oven and cook for 45 minutes.
Serve garnished with parsley alongside crusty bread or mashed potatoes.
Share this post: